Wednesday, 7 December 2011
Friday, 25 November 2011
Google for Teachers
Google for Teachers II -
Google Earth Across the Curriculum -
Create and Publish a Quiz in Google Docs
Below I've embedded a slideshow with directions for creating and embedding quizzes using Google Forms, but here are a few points that should be emphasized.
1. Make sure the first question is "student name." Otherwise you won't know who submitted which answers.
2. You can mix question types (multiple choice, short answer, paragraph) but if you have too many types and too many students, the spreadsheet can become difficult to navigate.
3. When embedding the form into a blog, make sure you edit the width to fit within your blog's main column. You can use the same principles of editing the size of a YouTube video for editing the width of a spreadsheet.
'via Blog this'
SlideShare is a popular free tool that lets you upload your PowerPoint decks and run them across the web. This SlideShare presentation explains how you can add audio to a SlideShare deck using the free applicationAudacity.
Check out Presentation Magazine for tons of tips, tricks, and templates: http://www.presentationmagazine.com/
This online magazine has lots of great resources focused on improving your PowerPoint presentations, such as:
- A whole section of articles devoted to enhancing your PowerPoint presentations
- Tips to give your PowerPoint presentation the ‘wow factor’
- Plenty of articles focused specifically on PowerPoint 2010
- Hundreds of free PowerPoint templates
Activity & Materials Creators
- Awards Certificates:www.educationworld.com/tools_templates/index.shtml#awardCertificates
- Bookmarks and Book Plates:www.educationworld.com/tools_templates/index.shtml#book
- Calendars & Classroom Organizers:www.educationworld.com/tools_templates/index.shtml#book
- Flash Cards – Create Your Own at StudyStack (have to register):www.studystack.com/CreateStack.jsp
- Flash Card Exchange (register for adv. functions):www.flashcardexchange.com
- Form filler (have to register): www.fillanypdf.com
- Holiday & Seasonal Worksheets:www.abcteach.com/directory/seasonal/
- Puzzle Maker (lots of types – word search, math squares, mazes, much more!): puzzlemaker.discoveryeducation.com
- Word Search Puzzles (lots of them): www.thepotters.com/puzzles.html
- Worksheets (lots of preformatted worksheets):www.superteacherworksheets.com
Communications Tools (Print & Electronic)
- EducationWorld Newsletters & Parent Communications: www.educationworld.com/tools_templates/index.shtml#newsletters
- TeacherFiles: www.teacherfiles.com/resources_newsletters.htm
Course Management Systems & LMS alternatives
(You have to register to use these tools, so you can save your own personalized content. Note that these tools are generally more involved than many of the other resources on this page. Some of them offer both paid and free functionality)
- Blackboard’s “CourseSites”:coursesites.blackboard.com/webapps/portal/frameset.jsp
- EctoLearning: www.ectolearning.com
- MyiCourse: www.myicourse.com
- Schoology: www.schoology.com
- SchoolRack: www.schoolrack.com
- DiscoveryEducation: school.discoveryeducation.com/clipart
- School-Clipart: www.school-clipart.com
- TeacherFiles: www.teacherfiles.com/clip_art.htm
- A Dozen Free Online Video Lecture Sites:www.emergingedtech.com/2010/02/a-dozen-great-free-online-video-lecture-sites
- Watchknow: www.watchknow.org
Interactives (for White Boards, or Powerpoint)
- 4 Free Digital Whiteboard Apps for the iPad
- ABCTeach: www.abcteach.com/directory/interactive
- Promethean Plant (have to register): www.prometheanplanet.com
- SMART Exchange: exchange.smarttech.com
- TopMarks: www.topmarks.co.uk/Interactive.aspx
iPhone, iPad, and Android Apps
- 100 free iPhone Apps for Educators
- Free iPad Apps for Educators (and Parents)
- Attendance (for Android)
- Grade Book (for Android)
- Grade Rubric (for Android)
- Grade Ticker (for Android)
- AtoZ Teacher Stuff: atozteacherstuff.com/Lesson_Plans/index.shtml
- Discovery Education: school.discoveryeducation.com/lessonplans
- LessonPlansPage: www.lessonplanspage.com
- Scholastic: www2.scholastic.com/browse/lessonplans.jsp
- Teacher.net: teachers.net/lessons
Open Educational Resources
Quizzes & Tests
(These types of sites require sign up)
- 4TEachers: rubistar.4teachers.org
- Rubrics4Teachers: www.rubrics4teachers.com
- iRubrics: www.rcampus.com/indexrubric.cfm
Social Learning & Collaboration
- Edmodo: www.edmodo.com
- Edutopia: www.edutopia.org
- Room21: room21online.com
- TakingITGlobal: www.tigweb.org
- The Schools United: www.theschoolsunited.com
- EmergingEdTech’s 2011 Free Education Technology Resources eBook
- Google Apps for Education
- Microsoft Live@EDU
- OnlineCollegeClasses.com: Searching for online courses
- FreeTech4Teachers (Richard Byrne’s excellent blog, with lots of free resources that featured daily).
- The Definitive Source for Information About IT Issues Effecting Higher Education
GENERAL RESOURCES (not intended just for educators)
Online Interactive White Boards
Picture, Photo, & Image Editing & Organizing
- Watch this video to learn about creating your own Custom Animations, and learn about many other free resources.
- This tutorial from Online Tech Tips explains how to create slide transition automations using easy pre-configured tools in PowerPoint.
- Click here to access a preconfigured search of Microsoft’s Office Site, set up to return dozens of articles with hundreds of free templates for PowerPoint.
- PresentationMagazine.com provides tons of tips, articles, PowerPoint templates, and more
Screencasting & Presentations
- Random.org (a true random number generator that some teachers have said they find useful).
- Read it Later
'via Blog this'