Saturday 7 January 2012

Sebastian Wernicke: 1000 TEDTalks, 6 words | Video on TED.com

Increasing understanding by classifying ideas.

If you want to remember a lot of ideas then a good way is to classify the ideas into easy to remember groups. This is common practice in Ecology, and many other areas. When I watch a Ted talk I'm often inspired or impressed, but I can only tell you any details from about three Ted talks I can remember and I always feel like it's increasingly difficult to keep up with new ideas.  This diagram helps.


Sebastian Wernicke uses this nice classification in his talk.  These seem to be just the pigeon holes I need to help me remember a bit more, and to understand a bit more about the nature of Ideas worth spreading.
He manages to distil the essence of human nature which Ted talks appeal to; and that is interesting in itself.

see the whole talk:    Sebastian Wernicke: 1000 TEDTalks, 6 words | Video on TED.com:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We all have favorite ways of doing things. Please share your ideas here.